Tuesday 5 October 2010

Brief no. 1
Cats and dogs. (Manchester Book Fair)

(brief is several posts below)


My first brief is to create 50 whimsical illustrations of cats and dogs which I will them collate into book form and sell at Manchester book Fair on Sat 6th November. So far I have been collecting images of the animals to draw from and creating rules for the illustrations to help give them some sort of continuity. This is a fairly small brief in terms of design, the real time/money boundaries will come with it's time to bind the books. I know I want them to be hard bound, and I know I want to create 11 books (ten to sell, one to keep). I have only produced books on a personal scale before so I'm not sure how much this will cost. Expensive I imagine. Expensive is not good. Anyway, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I have set a bit on money aside, other than that I will play the whole binding thing by ear. 

I have started drawing the animals, and have come up with several 'styles' to use. One is purley pencils and chalk, some are charcoal and pencil with almost no colour and another is part collage. I will scan them in soon and then decide which one to go with or whether to just use all of the styles (it might look good or terrible). 

For now, have a look at my context blog and see some other good animal drawings....
http://k-dyer0811-dc.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment